Water Tank Service for Households
If you rely on a rainwater collection system for the water you drink, cook and shower with, it’s important to get your water tanks cleaned on a regular basis. The Ministry of Health advises an inspection of your water tank at least once a year.
If it has been a few years since your last tank clean, call Happy Tanks now. We offer two levels of cleaning services for round water tanks, and service customers in Northland and Auckland, from Cape Reinga to Bombay and everywhere in between.
Our team are industry professionals who are friendly, punctual and follow high tradesman standards. Our Health & Safety protocols and communication style ticks all the boxes
Grey Water Supply
We also have a service available for retention, detention and other stormwater setups on your property. Please contact us on 0800 190 150 to discuss the different options for your unique setup.
Water Tank Repairs
We offer two different repair options for leaking concrete tanks.
Cement Based Repair:
- The tank is prepared by removing all the water, waterblast the interior to expose any cracking and grind back the concrete to a virgin/usable surface.
- To ensure the best results, we use Xypex products to seal the entire tank, then apply grout to any structurally compromised area to bring the tank back to its original strength. Xypex Crystalline Technology has been tested and proven in thousands of applications. Read more here…
- Once the product is fully cured (usually 7-14 days) a washout and reclean is done ensuring your tank is 100% clean and ready for water to be put in.
- During this time, a loan tank can be provided and connected to your water pump and downpipe so you can use water as normal and catch it if rain falls.
- Workmanship warranty provided
- Custom made to fit your tank
- Two different liner options that are fully certified for drinking water are available
- 3–5-year warranty available
- Can be fully installed with brand new fitting and tap within a day
Safe drinking water is essential for your health, your family, and anyone who visits your home. If you rely on tank water, it’s recommended to have your water tested from time to time, especially if you or someone else in your household has been feeling unwell, to make sure it is free from harmful germs and chemicals.
Contamination of a tank water supply can be caused by:
- Viruses and germs (such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Campylobacter, Salmonella, E. Coli) from animal or bird faeces entering the source of the supply.
- Bird or animal droppings on the roof, dead animals or insects in the gutters or the tank.
- Leaves, soil, or other debris entering the tank.
- Lead flashing on the roof causing high lead levels in the collected water.
- Volcanic and wood ash, agricultural spray drift, and chemical residue from vehicle emissions.
- Cracks or holes in partially buried tanks.
Regular tank cleaning should avoid these problems but if you are unsure about the quality of your water, have it tested! Happy Tanks can arrange for your water to be tested for E. Coli or heavy metals using a third party or council laboratory.
Gutter and Pipe Cleaning
In addition to your water tank clean or repair, we can clean your gutters and pipes to ensure a smooth flow of water into your tank. When working with Happy Tanks, you can expect the best advice on what solution would best work for you keeping the gutters and pipes clean and well maintained.
Harvesting rainwater makes a lot of sense, but it’s essential to use a filtration system that reduces impurities before the water enters your home and that every tap delivers clean and purified water to your family. The experienced team at Happy Tanks can provide expert advice on what filtration system will best suit your needs.